Community Participation Guidelines
In addition to adhering to the VESTA EULA, users are prohibited from the following activities.
- Profanity. hate speech or threats of violence are not tolerated.
- Harassment of any kind. Harassment can include text, images or webspace submissions that contain threatening, racist, abusive or hateful content.
- Disclosing Personal Information. Sharing someone else's personal information is not allowed, no matter the context. Disclosing a users' real identity, contact info or the text of interpersonal communications is not allowed.
- Flaming. Flaming is defined by hostile or disruptive posts that are intended to incite an angry response. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but name-calling and other forms of hostility are not welcome.
- Abuse of Moderation Team. Please honour our moderation team and the decisions that come of it.
Reporting Content for Moderation:
If you feel that any content breaches our community guidelines you may submit it for review via the "report" button under each webspace.
Do not use the report button for any other reason than to report content that breaches the community guidelines. Abuse of this button is not permitted.
In addition to the guidelines for general content, please also take the following into account when posting links to other online content.
- Providing an introduction to your link and reasons that others would find it useful. Please provide a context, description and introduction to any links that you post; tell the community why you found it useful or what they will notice if they click on the link.
- Do not post 'naked' links (links without context or introductions). Naked links are often irrelevant to the community and should be avoided; always post links that are appropriate.
- Do not post purely promotional / advertising links. Avoid links that purely promote businesses, services, products or other areas; again, links must provide value to community members. Promotional links will be removed.
- Do not post the same link repeatedly. You generally only need to post each link once; in some cases it is acceptable to post a link again if some time has passed (at least a month).
- Tell the community if you are involved with the link. Declare any interests that you have in the link that is posted.
Posting General Content (Things to Not Do):
- Posting questionable, obscene, illegal, confrontational or defamatory content. Please keep your postings to appropriate topics and discussions.
- Posting nudity or adult content. Keep the content of your postings "general" and "safe for work" unless marked in the category NSFW.
- Plagiarising, breaching copyright or failing to attribute. Please attribute content appropriately, respect copyright and do not steal other's content.
- Posting Off Topic Content. Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted.
- Posting unrelated links to other websites. Please do not post unrelated references to external websites in comments or webspaces. Content that is related to the post submission may be acceptable is long as it is not for the purposes of advertising and relates to the general topic of the page.
- Posting too often. Please keep your posting frequency to a reasonable level; please do not make back-to-back posts and do not post just for the sake of it.
Actions that may be taken if these guidelines are breached:
We moderate at our discretion. Reports are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and the context of the situation may determine the actions taken. We reserve the right to remove and edit content that breaches the aforementioned guidelines, although we will make reasonable effort to take into consideration the entirety of the situation and to act according to our best judgement. Actions taken (or not taken) by our moderation team are at our sole discretion, and we may act without warning or explanation.
Changing of Guidelines:
As our community evolves, so may our community guidelines. Our moderation team will make its best effort to spread awareness of our community guidelines. By using VESTA you agree to adhere to the guidelines and keep up to date with any changes made to them.